..::Day 29::.. October 25
Today's beautiful thing is baby J. After a discouraging weekend, he is up in weight (8 lbs 5 oz!) and is eating well and coughing less. Thank you, Lord! I feel like he's been my beautiful thing quite a bit in this day by day journey, but today comes with a twist.
When I was 9 months pregnant and bored out of my mind, I went on thebump.com and tried out their baby picture predictor. This first picture comes with a great back story.
Okay. So. This was the picture that it made when I selected "automatically detect skin tone". This was funny on so many different levels. First, Matt has this alter-ego. He's African-American and named Theo. He comes out mostly at inappropriate times. I give him a hard time for this, obviously. This did nothing for my cause. Matt loved it. However, here's a conversation we had that made him see things in a different light:
Matt: "It's all fun and games until the baby comes out black! You need to prepare yourself for if that happens."
Me: "No, honey, you'll need to prepare yourself for if that happens."
Matt: "Uh, true. Touche."
This is the child that it created when I selected "fair" skin tone. Creepy. I apologize if this is actually your child, but this picture is creepy. And what's with the hat and scarf!?
So thankful our little man turned out like this:


No comments:
Post a Comment