Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 16

..::Day 16::.. October 11

Today I spent over 3 hours in the CF clinic. Not easy to find anything of beauty there, but they were all very happy with J's weight gain and even changed our feeding routine (I only have to bottle feed and pump twice a day now! The rest can be just plain old breast feeding.). I think I made the doctor's day with how excited I was with this small turn of events. They also decided to start J on Albuterol, an inhalant to open his airways. God is so good and knows just what I can handle. 2 weeks ago I would have fallen apart thinking about giving him this treatments, getting trained on the equipment, how to give it, when to give it, and how to clean everything when we're done. But, today I was totally able to take it in stride. It's amazing what 2 weeks can do. That is my thing of beauty, knowing that each new step in this little journey will then become what's "normal" for us and baby J. Also, the adorable chunky little 18 month old girl I met in the hallway (who also has CF) made me understand what the doctor means when she says he'll grow just like every other little kid and this won't hold him back from any of the hopes and dreams we had for him. Feeling good after walking out of Primary's is priceless!

This afternoon I was also quickly chatting with a dear friend and we talked about the irony of my blog title... Day by Day: A life lived to the full. God knew what he was doing when he brought those words to my mind and knew how meaningful they would be. Yes, we've been taking it day by day, and yes our lives are SO full!

Someone asked me this weekend what his temperament was like... animated and easy going!
 

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful news about the new (and improved) feeding schedule! Thrilled for you, friend. We continue to pray for your family everyday and are joyful to share in life's victories with you. He is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great news Dana!!!! sweet baby J....praying for you all and love you!

    ReplyDelete