Today's beautiful thing is easy. The company of friends. This morning, I met 4 friends for breakfast and ate a delicious breakfast panini complete with bacon, eggs, and cheese. How can you go wrong? We sat and chatted about new things in our lives and laughed about memories and favorite recipes from growing up. 2 of the girls were raised in the South, so they talked about all the cheesy comfort foods they grew up on (including salmon croquettes (which, I won't lie, when they first said the name, I thought they said Sam and Crow Eggs... a little disturbing). Anyway, what's your favorite comfort food recipe from your childhood??
Then tonight, I went on behalf of our family to small group. It was a heavy time of meeting together since our friends are dealing with a hard situation concerning their sweet daughter. I'm so glad God gives us friends who will stand by us in prayer and lift us up when we need it most, knowing we will do the same for them. We talked about Hannah from the Bible, who was such a faithful follower of God and such a faithful mother. I know it was a hard subject to discuss given the circumstances. Lord give them strength and peace and endurance to get through this time!
Tying these two things together (comfort food and small group) is the treat I brought. Can't take credit, got it off allrecipes.com. :)
p.s. Another beautiful thing is that J is curled up on my shoulder and is wiggly until I sing, then he is calm!
p.s.s. On May 3rd I emailed someone about baby bedding on KSL... today they e-mailed 2 words: "It's sold." Well, I hope so!
Here's the recipe, it was delicious.
Pumpkin Crumb Cake
Ingredients
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray or grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- Reserve 1 cup cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the remaining dry cake mix with 1 egg and 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well, and then pat into prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved 1 cup cake mix, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons softened butter. Crumble over pumpkin filling. Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Posting a recipe that sounds this yummy is not kind to your hungry pregnant friends who are trying not to gain 10 times the recommended weight gain ;)
ReplyDelete