Sunday, October 3, 2010

8/31

..::Day Eight::.. October 3

"Perhaps the challenge of the gospel lies precisely in the invitation to accept a gift for which we can give nothing in return." -Henri Nouwen

So true. It has been hard for me to accept the gifts of sweet friends lately without feeling like someday I need to return it. Trying to enjoy the fact that there are some favors that don't need to be returned. I don't have a hard time with this when I'm the giver, but definitely when I'm on the receiving end! What about you? Is it easier for you to give or receive? Do you find yourself thinking about how you're going to thank or "pay back" the person who just brought you dinner or did something unexpectedly nice? Or is it easy for you to accept the gift knowing that it's okay that you won't have the opportunity to return the favor, or that you don't have to? Just wondering... lame post tonight, I know... back to some good stuff tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you Dana - I struggle with the same thing. But, a wise person once told me that if we are closed off to letting other people help us, etc. then we are hindering potential blessings in their life and God using them (worded better than that, but you get the idea, right?!)

    ReplyDelete