Monday, November 7, 2011

Day Three

Well, there is nothing really new to report. Treatments continue to go well, with the exception of this morning because he was tired from a less-than-full night's sleep.
I think he is adjusting somewhat to everything (except the suctioning!) and has been having some productive coughs. We are thankful for that!

We're starting some bad habits that I'm hoping don't carry over into home life! The biggest one being watching this ridiculous Sid the Science Kid DVD over and over and over again to keep entertained during CPT and eating. Matt seems fairly confident that he won't need those comforts at home, but I'm not convinced!!! We'll see.. I've enlisted Matt to bring the Veggie Tales sing-alongs from home so that I don't have to hear this song 12 billion times a day!

I'm a little frustrated that we haven't met with our usual doctors yet, but am going to push for it tomorrow. I want to make sure that the inpatient staff are on the same page as the CF outpatient team who we normally see. No sense in adding extra days to our stay, right!!?? One pulmonologist did come in today and listen to his lungs. I asked how they sounded and he said that he heard "a little bit of crackling" on the back, but they "sounded fine". Crackling = fine!? News to me! It's interesting how nonchalant people can be about things that they're experts in. I think sometimes case-by-case gets lost in floods of information and knowledge. Like I said, hoping we get to see our great CF doc tomorrow.

God continues to give us strength, patience, and peace. He is our ever-present help in times of trouble. Thank you Lord that you've already conquered my fears and we have so much to be thankful for.

Since this post isn't as long, here are a few pics and a pretty funny video from today. See, it's not that bad!



2 comments:

  1. I only wish a doctor had walked in while y'all were filming that video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I was all poised to comment as the video was finishing and then Matt's "ding, ying, ying, ying" sound was made. You guys know how to make your boy all riled up! Those are great photos, Dana. Thanks for letting us join in your journey. Praying continually!

    ReplyDelete