Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mayday!

Well, it's been awhile!
There has been a lot going on in our household (and in my heart) and so I purposely took a break from blogging for a while. But, it's finally time to write some of the blog posts I've drafted in my mind, hopefully I can remember all that's happened since April!
There are a bunch of things I want to post about, but let's start small. I usually post a marathon post every few months, but here's to trying something new and breaking that up a bit.
Let's start with May.
May 21st was Salt Lake Great Strides 2012.
Our team, Jason's Journey, raised $7,525!!! That's $4,000 more than we raised last year. I'm still in shock over that. We also had over 100 walkers on the day of the walk (We had 130 sign up!). I am not sure if I will ever be able to put into words how it feels to see over 100 people wearing a shirt with your child's name on it and stepping out to support your family and the life of your child and many others like him. It is humbling, emotional, inspiring, _________. (Fill in the blank with your best warm and fuzzy word). We even had friends from California come out for the walk and a sweet friend from small group (who currently lives in Nashville) plan her visit so she could be here for it.
I have been trying to gather pictures together over the past month or so and have been somewhat successful. Here are a few shots from Alex Gallivan, one of the event photographers who generously donated his time and talent to this event!

Most of our team!

Matt got to cut the ribbon with a little boy who has CF





p.s. I'm sending out the thank-you postcards in the next few weeks, once I get a few more pictures ready! So, expect one by August 1st if you donated to our team!

That great friend I told you about? She spent a full day at my place hanging out with mutual friends, eating Cafe Rio and watching tractors with J from our front porch. (Oh yeah, we had a water main bust in our cul-de-sac, thankfully it ended up on the city's tab!). We all got together the night of the walk and celebrated her return visit. There is nothing like getting together with some of your closest girlfriends at a great restaurant (Trio) and laughing, reminiscing, and catching up. We had a great night and made a late-night run to SmartCookie for some mighty delicious cream cheese frosting smothered almond cookies. Kalyn, you are dearly loved.

We also had a small group barbecue for Memorial Day which was great! Here's just one pic of J from the picnic... he decided to "parade" around the park the whole time pushing an older boy's scooter... complete with his American flag pinwheel! Such a sweet boy.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe one year the Olivers will make it out to SLC for the walk! Wish we could have been there to support you guys.

    Also, TRIO - yum! Forgot about that place but now I miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish that I could have been there!!! for the walk, the dinner at Trio, for time at your house with you and Kalyn! I miss you girls!!

    ReplyDelete