Saturday, July 21, 2012

Laundry Room!

One of the many projects we've been working on this summer is the spider haven laundry room. We moved out of our home for 3 weeks to have our carpet ripped out and the hardwood floors re-finished. Although I love the floors now (don't worry, you'll see pics as soon as I find a rug and the baseboards are in their rightful place), it was a pretty tough feat. Moving out of your house and back in in 3 weeks with a toddler is not at the top of my "Favorite Things" list, but I am so glad we did it. Just wait until you see the pictures.

But, while we were gone, my sweet dad decided to build us a laundry room. Our laundry room "before" looked close to this, even though this is a "progress" shot, believe it or not.

There used to be a furnace here too, with a crooked washer and a dryer.. creepy!


Okay, I'm about to get all Pinterest on you. I found some fun ideas on there for decorating, although I don't love the idea of everything being super funky and unique in our entire home. So, this was a fun place to "play" and I think it turned out great!



Shelves were found in the crawl space and painted white. Then, we cut down the old laundry room door and made it into the counter!

There's a wall where there used to be peep holes through to the crawl space! I have a fear that there is someone living in there and he watches me do laundry. Yes, irrational but a fear nonetheless.. now, the fear is gone!

The floor still needs some TLC but that's the least of my worries now! And, the crawl space door looks deceivingly cheery. My dad even turned the knob around so that we can lock it from the outside (I told you it was a real fear...).

I painted this last night to cover the electrical box. One of my life verses I've adopted. :)


Thanks Dad for taking away my excuse to hate the laundry! Well, actually... I still don't like it, but I do feel happy when I get to walk into this cheery little room!

5 comments:

  1. My only memory of your laundry room is when I had to wash my dress after the melted candles leaked all over it... so I don't remember much, but I do know it looks great now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Can he come do mine now? It's one of the rooms we need to finish, but is probably at the bottom of the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!! i love it! Ella and i read that Bible verse every day. it's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation! I love the verse and the stripes. We painted our laundry room floor with special concrete floor paint. Expensive but it's so nice. I could get the name of it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your laundry room!!!! I'm glad you don't think there's a peeper anymore, lol! I am the same way!

    ReplyDelete