Thursday, April 5, 2012

Update

I'm really trying to figure out a way to be a better blogger, but for now it's just not happening!
Matt is on Spring Break right now and we are loving it! We've been working in the yard and enjoying time together. We attempted the zoo yesterday with minimal results. In my head, J was going to love it... watching the elephants, giraffes, smiling and giggling. Not so much! Little did we realize that it was spring break for 2 other school districts and everyone and their mother (and father and grandmother for that matter) was at the zoo as well. Keep in mind, for 12 months of our son's life he's been indoors. With us. And we plopped him into the zoo. With a thousand other people. On a day he was tired and not feeling 100%. I'm pretty sure we deserve the 'parents of the year' award! Let's just say he was less than thrilled with the zoo. But, he did laugh every time a kid went running by his stroller and he actually watched the tigers (and the tractor working on zoo construction) and pointed to them. So, it wasn't so bad... just a little less than I had built up in my head (as usual!). We did buy a family pass so we can go more, which will be fun. I think each time we go and the more he gets out, he'll know what to expect.
A few weeks ago we were having a great run of things, J seemed to have kicked the C. Diff and was happier than ever. Babbling, laughing, running, really doing well. Then it hit like a load of bricks. The day before his CF Clinic visit he started to act a little different.. took in a stool sample that day and here he is again, with C Diff. Most likely it never went away, just shrunk back when it "knew" it was being treated. The fact that my son has a bacteria in his gut that "knew" something totally freaks me out. This time it's affecting him (and me) even more. He's been on abx for 8 days and I still don't see much improvement... so, please pray for J. Please pray that the C. Diff would get killed off with this dose of antibiotics and we'd have our little man back. It's awful to know that he's not feeling well. The worst part is, it comes in waves. Like during the morning you can tell he's not feeling well, then in the evening you can tell he's feeling better and is running and talking and all sorts of stuff. I just hate having a sick kiddo.
There are days where I feel so angry at this disease and all the stuff that comes along with it. I always justified my anger towards CF because it's an inanimate object, right? It's okay to be mad at THINGS, just not mad at people. Turns out, that's not really the ticket. I actually wish I could just be angry at things without them affecting me, but it's impossible. James 1: 19-21 says "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." [emphasis added]. Notice how it just says anger? Not what you're angry is directed towards? Anger produces in me fruit that is contrary to the fruit God produces. Anger produces ungratefulness in me, self-pity, a quick temper. So, how do I handle that. Well, I'm still working through that. I don't really have this figured out. But the more I learn about God the more humbled I am about my emotions and feelings and the more it becomes blatantly obvious that I am desperately in need of a Savior. 
Sorry to get all deep again. I usually jump on here with thoughts of a quick little family update and I tailspin into a sermonette. I hope that doesn't bother you, but it really is where I'm at right now! 
Hope you are enjoying the Spring and are ready for a beautiful Easter Sunday.. remember, He is Risen! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the quick little family updates AND the sermonettes, so I'll take 'em whenever you've got 'em :) It really bums me out to hear that Jason is not feeling well, both for his sake and for yours (and Matt's)... I just hate that one of my favorite little families has to deal with this stuff on a regular basis. I've said it before and I'll say it again: he is so lucky to have you guys as his parents!

    P.S. Thanks for commenting today, blog stalker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry J has been down and out again. No fun. I hope spring is upon you and things turn around! Every once in a while I read Run Sickboy Run, and he seems to mention often how important the parents job is in playing a huge part in the success of a CFer. Every time I see him post something like that I immediately think, "J is so lucky to have Matt and Dana." you really are a super mom. Prays and love, miss you.

    ReplyDelete