Thursday, March 1, 2012

18 months and a challenge for March!

Hello blog world!
First I'll start with the challenge since the rest is stuff that not everyone will want to hear!
Remember last year I did a 31 Days of Beauty to keep focused on the positives in life. Well, I should have kept that up all year! I'm going to start it again for March. I'm going to use this space to write about one positive thing each day that I know is God-sent. :)

Day One: My friend Kim (from junior high / high school). Last week, I got a call from my friend Kim that she was leading Beth Moore's new James study and was praying about who to invite to join. She thought of me immediately and called to invite me. I'm so thankful she followed God's prompting and called. I had been asking God to provide a way for me to do a Bible Study at night, now that basketball is over. I wasn't sure how to get plugged into one, and it hit me right in the face! God's timing is perfect and I am so thankful that she invited me and we're going to have this time to reconnect while studying God's sweet Word.

In other news, I have an 18 month old. I can't believe it. A toddler!
Jason, you are such a joy to us... you're definitely a "toddler" in every sense of the word, but we still love you to pieces and so unconditionally.
Here are a few things I want to remember about you right now (if you're just reading, you can skip this if you'd like, it's more for my memory!).
You are walking/"running"! I love watching you explore and test your limits while walking. You used to love to come and find me and Daddy, now you want us to come find you! You love to be chased by us, by Scout, by toy cars, balls, anything! You look over your shoulder while you're walking away to make sure we know that it's chasing time. You love cars, wheels, balls, blocks, and anything you can throw. You have a great overhand throw, your dad is quite proud. :) You are starting to babble again which makes me think you are finally feeling better. You have a few "words" like "ow" and "ahh" respectively for Scout and clock. You make funny sounds to communicate and use your pointing to tell us what you want and need. You love to be outside and throw a fit when we come inside. You love to watch cars drive by and then point at them. You are starting to get upset when one of us leaves the house and says "goodbye" to you. You like to imitate Daddy's laugh and it cracks us up every time! You are a champ with your treatments and are becoming a better eater. In the past few days you've had more variety of food than ever before, i think. :) You love to feed Daddy and I. We have your 18 month check-up tomorrow, we'll see what you weigh! You are such a wonderful, playful, and determined little boy. We pray with you every night that God will form you to be an effective disciple of His, stubborn spirit and all! Happy 18 months, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment