Fridays I get to go to work with the most wonderful people at Hungry for Life. It's really great to get out of the house and meet with like-minded people to pray and work towards a common goal. I'm currently working on two trips. One leaves March 31st and the other leaves April 13th, so let's just say all the details are getting figured out, which can feel overwhelming! I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with two companies in the Dominican Republic today, being shuffled around from person to person until I'd finally find someone who spoke English. It was a little trying and frustrating, but in the end it's kind-of fun. It is exciting and nerve-wracking to plan an overseas trip for a group of people you've never met before. There are so many variables and things out of my control, all I can do is prepare the team leader enough so that he or she can go with the flow if need be. Isn't that just like life? So much is out of our control, but God has given us just enough to be flexible and know that everything will work out in the end. Not that I'm comparing myself to God or anything.
Anyway. That's my beautiful thing for the day. Hungry for Life and getting to do something I love.
By the way, we had J's dr. appt today.. things went well all things considered. Our doctor wants us to get J's hearing checked and start some speech therapy, as I figured he would. He said J might not even qualify for speech services from EI seeing as how he is "so close". He even said he bets that J will talk the same way he walks, one day he'll just whip out a full sentence! :) I'm praying that's the case and enjoying all this wonderful babbling until that day. This is one mom you won't hear complaining about a kid who "won't shut up"! :)
Hope you had a wonderful Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment