Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Junebug

It's June, I can't believe it!

Here are a few things I like about June.
1. School's out for the Summer... Schooool's out forever!
2. My Birthday (the 19th peeps!)
3. The weather is perfect, not too hot but definitely warmer than the Spring...
4. Pools are open.
5. Gardens are growing (some are dying, mine are somewhere in between, except for the rosebushes out front, we have 35 bushes and counted 20 buds on one bush alone!)
6. Everyone seems happy!
7. Many trips to Home Depot = happines

Speaking of Home Depot. I think that would quite possibly be the funnest (yes I used that word) place to work. I'm not sure why, but I get happy when I get to go there. Maybe it's the festive orange that seems to deck every nook and cranny, but really I think it's a mix of the fact that I haven't outgrown the junior high "if-i-could-build-my-fantasy-house-it-would-have-a-slide-and-robots" phase and the fact that I am 1/2 of Wild Bill, my engineer-why-would-you-pay-someone-to-do-that-when-you-can-do-it-yourself Dad.

Well, I know this is a random post but it's just one of those days. I'm feeling bittersweet about the end of this school year since I'm not going back. I will not miss all the little details that come along with a classroom, but I will definitely miss the cute little people that fill it. I'm also feeling frustrated that I can't do as much as I once could (oh, you know, about 6 months ago). I had a to-do list with only 4 things on it (4!) for this weekend and only got one thing done.. oh well, such is life! Cheers to a happy and healthy June!

3 comments:

  1. oh dana! you are so cute! and i love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love seeing a random post from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh...yeah home depot rocks. even if i am not buying anything i love to go there and dream...

    ReplyDelete