Well, so far so good!
My post streak is up to 2! I can do it.
I started a book this morning. And when I say started, I don't mean I read the first few pages and added it to my pile of "books I've started" so that I can add them to my currently-reading shelf on Goodreads. No, no.
I actually started this one. With the intention of completing it. Soon.
It's called "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst.
I found it one day while browsing Amazon during our CF house arrest last cold/flu season.
It popped up as "something you might like".
Yes, God even uses Amazon to speak to us.
As soon as I read the description, I added it to my cart and had it at my house in 2 short days.
That was in January.
I'm just now reading it. I've never boasted about being determined or motivated.
I read the first chapter, and wow. It has already rocked my world.
I highly suggest it. It dives head-first into what we crave. Physically. Materially. Emotionally. I'm guilty on all 3 accounts. I can't decide which one I struggle with more. Praying God uses this book to put a lot of junk behind me and help me forge a path of joy!
Here's a quote that is resonating today:
"Truth is powerful. The more saturated we are with truth, the more powerful we'll be in resisting our temptations. And the more we'll naturally direct our cravings where they should be directed-- to the Author of all truth. Cravings. Are they a curse or a blessing? The answer to that depends on what we're craving. And what we're craving will always depend on whatever we're consuming... the object of our desire or God and His truth." (page 24)
Pow!
Also, I'm a proud aunt today! Our 3rd niece was born... Sofia Morgan. Oh, we love her already! Congrats to Brady, Angie, Eva and Prisca!
haha, I love your creativity in your posts! I can't wait to hear about the whole book! Miss you!
ReplyDelete