Sunday, October 23, 2011

It was kind-of a struggle...

Matt played in a golf tournament for the CF Foundation about a month ago.
He called me on his way home and told me he had won 2 prizes in the raffle drawing. A 19" LCD TV and a certificate for 2 to paint at this new local business called "Painting with a Twist". I immediately looked up their website and couldn't wait to go! Matt excitedly gave up his spot as my painting buddy... although, that would have been entertaining for everyone involved!! My husband is many things: great dad, awesome husband, loyal, determined, competitive, but artistic? Not so much. (Don't worry, not bashing here, just telling it like it is).
A sweet friend of mine, Jessie, agreed to come with me. If there were ever 2 ladies needing a night out, I'm pretty sure it was us!
We had a great time talking, snacking, and joking with the other painters and the staff. It's a really fun place, if you have the chance to go... do it!
Here's a picture of us with our awesome paintings of The Delicate Arch in Moab.

And, if you're wondering about the title of this post, Jess was working on the mountains and it was obvious that the teacher thought she should do something different. He gave her some advice and at the end he said, "Look! It was kind-of a struggle, but in the end it was worth it!"

Jessie and I both decided that was a pretty good motto for our lives right now.
Remember how sometimes God uses Amazon to speak to us?
Well, sometimes he uses the paint teacher at Painting with a Twist.
With that quote, I've been dwelling on the following verses:



2 Timothy 4:7-8: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 

Well, that's me. I long for his appearing. Time to fight that good fight. Time to jump back in the race. Time to get my faith back on track. And have a lot of fun along the way! Day by day...

2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure mine would look terrible if I went to that place... I think I'm too much of a color-by-numbers type to be very artistic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this!!! So glad you girls were able to get out together! and...I think the paintings look awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete