Friday, August 27, 2010

Ticking Time Bomb

That's what I feel like. Contrary to the ticker on the side of my blog, the baby is not 2 days old. He is 2 days overdue. If overdue is really overdue that is. Filling my time with lots of last minute cleaning, crafts, organizing, dust buster buying, reading, etc. I've been trying a few of the "natural labor inducers" like pineapple, red raspberry leaf tea, and other things... but to no avail. I've always asked for God to build better patience in me, but get frustrated when he uses a situation to actually build it. I think this is it! My biggest fear is that we will go too long and have to be induced, so my prayer is that my body starts this thing on it's own!

I've also been watching more TV than I'd truly like to admit. This morning I was flipping through all 8 of our channels and for some reason landed on one of those court TV shows. I don't know why I stayed, but I was shocked at what I heard! A mom was suing her daughter for "emotional distress" because her welfare and VA checks weren't enough for her to get by, which made her stay home and eat, which made her gain weight, which made her have less energy to go out and get a job. I kind-of missed the point as to why this was all her daughter's fault but really!? Really!?

All this "Really-ing" reminds me of my favorite short on SNL.. Really!? With Seth and Amy..  here's a clip. :) Have a great Friday, a good laugh, and hopefully my next post will be about our new arrival... hopefully!?




1 comment:

  1. oh patience is so hard at this point. it truly will be just a memory at some point and you'll be crying in your cheerios that your babies are not babies anymore (nope...that's me). stay strong and think laboring thoughts:) btw, really?! does rock!!!

    ReplyDelete