Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Squeaky Clean and Fully Loaded...

I remember before Matt and I got married, I was this little 19-year-old not really sure of her own "style" or if she even had one. I remember getting frustrated at registering for gifts because my tastes were so eclectic and didn't match the tastes of the people around me. Planning a wedding was a challenge, since I was the first of my friends to do it. It's easy to look back now and say, "I would have had a different cake, different flowers, different bridesmaid dresses, more personal touches, etc.", but really, does it matter? I married my best friend that day and we've been happily married for 6 years since!

Okay, what I really meant to talk about in this post was showers. Wedding and baby showers, not shower showers (ahh, remember Amelia Bedelia?). This was my favorite AB book growing up, and my favorite to read to my class:


Anyway, I remember as a 19-year-old I just thought it was the greatest thing that people were going to come to a party for me for the sole purpose of giving me gifts and usually eating cake! I didn't mind the spotlight, loved opening gifts in front of people and was blissfully in love, so I didn't have time to think of anything else! I remember being shocked at how many showers we had: one from Matt's work, church friends, family, and groupings of random friends. I remember feeling so blessed and afterward, a little spoiled and embarrassed, at how much we received at our showers and then again on our wedding day. Don't get me wrong, I was so thankful that we could build a home together, but you know, you start to feel like the center of attention too much??

This time around has been no different. Our precious little boy is now giving us another reason to be showered with gifts (and more importantly, friendship and so much love!).  But, instead of being a green 19-year-old girl who lavishes in the spotlight, I'm now a 26-year-old "woman" (still feel weird using that word, that's why it's in quotes, I'm not questioning anything) who feels like she is so undeserved of all this attention and showering! We have had 4 showers. FOUR. I'm not sure that is usual, and I'm starting to feel guilty for it all!

First, my dear friends from work threw a joint shower for me and a dear teacher friend who had adopted a sweet little boy. I could. not. believe. how much stuff we got from that first shower, I was overwhelmed!! (in a good way of course). Unfortunately, I forgot to get any pictures of this wonderful shower! Grr...

Next, my sweet small group threw me a wonderful shower at the Garden Cafe in Thanksgiving Point. I always enjoy myself anytime I'm with these ladies, and this was NO exception. We had so much fun chatting, eating, and of course oohing and aahing over sweet little boy things. Thankfully the 2 Heathers were on camera duty as always and snapped some awesome pictures!


Then, my mom, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and her mom and sister threw me a family/family friend shower. It was so fun to have a small intimate gathering of people who have meant so much to both of our families throughout our marriage and now get to celebrate with us in this new chapter! It brought back memories of my wedding shower with most of the same people 6 years ago.. God is so good to give us people to love and who can show His love to us.

Last, my dear friends Halen, Lisa, Becky, and Blair threw me another shower! We had an open house style breakfast buffet shower and it was so fun. I just love having many of the people you love under one roof. There's just something about being surrounded by close friends that lifts your spirits! A friend of mine, Lori, was gracious enough to open her beautiful home for the event, and these 4 ladies really know how to throw a party! Here are some fun shots from the day:

Blair arranged these BEAUTIFUL flowers!
The Party Planners!
"Nana" and "Grandma" :)


Thank you so much to everyone who came and showered us with love and of course gifts for Sweet Baby Boy! He is not going to be in need when he gets into this world. :) Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. So wish I could have been there to help host one of those :( But still glad you have so many people that love you and showered you and baby Snyder with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I wish you could have been there too! By the way, just found the thank-you note I wrote you when you left, hidden under a pile of old mail... oops. It's in the mail today! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dana you are darling and i had no idea you had a blog! i do now :) cute shower! xoxo tiff

    ReplyDelete