Friday, August 13, 2010

Hit the Wall...

Well, it's official. I have hit the wall with this pregnancy. In the past week I have: pulled a groin muscle just getting out of the car, floated mindlessly in a pool for 2 hours straight just to feel weightless, came to the sad conclusion that the hammock is not usable for me anymore (can't get my feet up into it to sit like you're supposed to), and I think my outfits that fit comfortably are down to 3.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am still thrilled on becoming a mom. But, I now believe everyone who said, "you'll get to the point where all you want is to get that baby out." What I didn't expect is feeling so uncomfortable and wanting the baby to come, but knowing that THE WAY IT HAS TO GET HERE is a little freaky, you know? Last week in our child-birthing class, we watched some "normal" deliveries (yes, that was me averting from the V word), and we also watched a C-section. WHY!? OH WHY!? After it was over, I said, "well, I changed my mind, so what do I do now??". Truth be told, I think I am ready, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Not ready for the delivery, for breast feeding, and especially not for being sent home WITH A NEWBORN. I told Matt that I am looking forward to our stay in the hospital. That may sound strange knowing what I know about hospital food, monitoring, and sleeping in a hospital bed, but seriously, there is someone there all the time in case I have a question! When we get sent home I know I will be excited but very very nervous. I'm not used to babies.

I remember when planning for our wedding, someone gave me great advice: "Plan your marriage first, your wedding will only be one day, your marriage is the rest of your life." I've taken that advice now too, "Plan your approach to parenting first, the birth will only be one day, parenthood is the rest of your life." I've been trying to read some books to get ready for what comes after you get home, but just like marriage, I know I can't know everything , and all my plans are just that, plans.

Well, thanks for reading if you got this far (and if you did, I'm a little shocked). Today we are tackling some of the last-minute things we haven't done yet, oh like put the carseat in the car, get our bags totally packed, and buy those last-minute purchases that we're going to need. Procrastinators unite!

4 comments:

  1. You are going to be a GREAT mommy! Not worried about you at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Girly, you'll be great! Love and prayers coming from this direction...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be an AMAZING mommy! I'm praying for you and will be anxious to hear reports and see baby pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can i just say that i wanted the dr to do an amnio at 36 weeks and just do our section early? the memories of the uncomfort are still fresh! i know you'll figure it out. if you have any medical or nursing questions feel free to call. i'll be your personal nurse 24/7:)
    love you guys and good luck!

    ReplyDelete