Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's been awhile...

Wow! Just got on today and realized just how bad I was at blogging every day! So much for a New Year's resolution, right? Well, I do have a good excuse though...


tada! It's a boy!

This tiny human is the sole reason I haven't been blogging. Literally. I was so nauseous for 4 months that just glancing at a computer screen made me want to hurl. So, praise the Lord, I am feeling great now and am back to the blogging world! Maybe not daily, but we'll see!

Life has been very good. Crazy, but good. I am leaving teaching next year and am going to enjoy being a mama. I can't believe how excited I am for it. I heard someone say that you don't really want a baby until you start trying for one, and then you don't really want to be a mom until you get pregnant. This probably isn't true for everyone, but it has been for me. The maternal hormones/instincts have kicked in and we are counting down the days! (However, it looks like Babies R Us spewed all over the living room because the nursery isn't ready to take on any goods yet).

Next year I'm also going to be giving half my time to Hungry for Life USA! I've been involved with this amazing organization for over a year now, but finally I am actively raising support. (Shameless plug: If you'd like to help support me, you can go here and sign up to do so! I'll be having support team and information desserts at my house coming up in the next few weeks, so I'll keep you posted on those!)

There are a lot of things in the works with Hungry for Life USA. We just had a church complete their first HFL trip to Kenya and I can't wait to hear about the stories of lives being changed. We also have 2 trips coming up in October with churches going to Haiti to help Joy in Hope, an amazing organization. I can't wait to get to watch the teams prepare to go, and then hear all about their experiences when they get back. It can be such an emotional experience, but don't think that we want people to go just so they can "have an experience". We want people to go to understand the realities of the world we live in, see Jesus in a new way, interact with people who are just like them, and get to build relationships with those they meet. Here's a video that encapsulates Hungry for Life and why we send money and people to the suffering parts of the world! Thanks for your support, and I'm baaaack!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! And here's to hoping you'll keep up the blogging :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on here for awhile and just read the news! CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you are pregnant!! How exciting! You will be one terrific momma!!! Jason says congrats too!!! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete