Monday, January 4, 2010

Presenting...

day 2! A glorious day! The much anticipated new camera purchase finally arrived from the hands of a wonderful UPS man today. The Nikon d3000. It is beautiful. It is complicated. I have a lot to learn.

Matt and I just finished some delicious shredded chicken burritos. I've added the extremely easy recipe to the bottom of this post, because it's one of those "throw it in and it'll be ready for dinner" recipes that are nice for lazy days. Especially Mondays. Speaking of Mondays, my Monday Weakness has returned. The Bachelor. I don't know why I am so enthralled with this show. Maybe it's like a car wreck, you can't help but stare? However, the TCU/Boise State Fiesta Bowl game is on, so Matt has taken over our television. Maybe it's a good thing that I'm not getting hooked... stay away!!!

On an extremely random side note, we have some new neighbors that live in a rental house behind ours. Yesterday, Matt was driving home from church and saw the guy putting up "Lost Dog" signs. His dog, a little Whippet, had run away on New Year's Day and they couldn't find her. So, what does my heroic husband do? He jumps in the car with Scout and goes on a quest to find the sweet little pup, but to no avail. Anyway, the guy just showed up at our door about 3 minutes ago to let us know that they found the dog and she is okay! She was at the oxygen storage plant up the street and survived 3 freezing nights. That's what prompted this random paragraph.

Back to the camera. It's wonderful and make the most fun clicking sound when you push the button. I'm sure that was too technical for you to understand, so you'll have to take my word for it. :) Here's some fun pictures I took today... testing it out! It was probably one of the worst days of Scout's life.










Easy Shredded Chicken for Burritos
3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
enough Italian dressing to cover the breasts in a slow cooker (Like 1 1/2 cups)
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 lime

Throw the chicken, dressing, and chili powder in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
30 minutes before serving, shred the chicken and squeeze the juice from 1 lime into the pot. Stir it all together and cook it on high for 30 minutes. Serve! (Told you it was easy).

3 comments:

  1. Hey honey! Love your pictures! Thanks too for the recipe....nothing like a role reversal. Thanks for setting me up to add my comments and I promise I won't comment every day. :)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new camera! When are we going to go on a picture taking date? There's tons I want to learn on my camera too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet camera! you'll love it and definitelyget some use out of it this next year ;). i do so love the clicking sound as well-- i hear ya there! it looks like scout loved the attention:)

    ReplyDelete