Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Leaf

Well, after many hours spent trying to figure out how to convert my old blog to my new gmail address (Google, you need to fix that!), I had to make a new blog. As much of a pain as it was and as interesting as it was finding an available url (the only few left were dana184592428, fakefruitisstylish, and something about the Dallas Cowboys), I picked danainthemiddle after, surprisingly, not much deliberation. This obviously isn't a shout-out to my birth order, seeing as how I'm a one-and-only, living on a family tree that more resembles a stick. It symbolizes the stage of life I am in. No, not middle-aged, but embarking on new adventures and seeing which way God's hand will take me in this roller coaster of life! 2009 was quite the year for Matt and I. We said hello to new faces and said goodbye to dear friends. We learned that cancer really does suck and we grew closer than ever before. We learned more about God's grace and guidance and how to lean on Him to get us through tough times. I am happy to say we are stronger because of 2009, but are hoping for a more joyful and calm 2010! I thought it was funny to read my post from last New Year's. Most of the things on my list still remain to be done, but I've made definite progress on a few (see: saying "no", and prioritizing my time).

I do have a few New Year's resolutions. This year, I'm not going to share most of them for fear that I might have 2 year's worth of public epic fails. But, one of my resolutions is to write something down everyday. Whether it's a shared recipe, picture, insight, or just a highlight from the day, let's see if I can make this happen! I'm saddened to think of how many fun details of everyday life I've let slip through my 25-going-on-75-year-old brain. I really have a hard time remembering details and I'd like to do better. It doesn't hurt, that my new Nikon SLR camera comes in the mail tomorrow and I think it will be fun to share some of my favorite pictures. So, here goes.

Today, I went snow-shoeing. It was delightful. It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful this state is. And, I love how you can go to the same place over and over again, but at least in the winter, each new snowfall makes the scenery look like a new land of mystery. We went to Jordan Pines Campground in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Can you believe this is 15 minutes from my doorstep!? (see: incredibly fortunate).

3 comments:

  1. Dana...I love your new blog. You are a great writer! I loved snowshoeing with you today - it was beautiful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried commenting earlier this morning on the Mac, but it didn't work :( Anyway, all it said was a reminder that I am always just a phone call away whenever you need encouragement to just say NO :) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your posts. they crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete