I'm not so sure what to make of the whole Chick-Fil-A thing and I'm pretty tired of hearing about it. But, I want to say a few things. And, at least this way, you had to come to my blog to read it. ;)
1. Supporting a business is not more important than reaching people. Once again an issue has wedged its way tightly between those who claim to follow Christ and those who don't.
2. I think issues like this are big distractions used by the enemy. 'Nuff said.
3. I cannot judge those who don't know Christ and aren't under the influence of the Holy Spirit. If I didn't know Him, I do not know what I would be or what I would be doing. He is the judge and I am sure happy it's not up to me! He knows all, sees all , is intimately involved in all. I can leave this issue in His hand.
4. I'm pretty sure that bearing witness of Christ has nothing to do with what you're against or what you are for. I really don't even think it has anything to do with values. Where do our values come from anyway? From Him. I have nothing good in and of myself. Bearing witness of Christ is pointing straight to Him and how He moves and works to make me new.
5. If you can boycott Home Depot and Target for supporting gay marriage, then those who believe in it have the right to boycott Chick-Fil-A. Isn't it these "freedoms" that we seem to hold so tightly to? If you're going to benefit from those freedoms, you have to be okay with those you disagree with benefiting from them too.
If you read this and it makes you angry, that wasn't my intention... I'm just a little sick of people talking about "the gays" the way it's been thrown around lately. Pretty pathetic. And no, I'm not saying that Christians shouldn't stand up for what's right. But, there are different ways to do it. Let's take our lead from Jesus and let HIM be enough... not our values or morals or opinions. I think there are bigger issues at hand that are literal injustices and issues where life and death hang in the balance. That is all, have a nice Friday!
Edit: my post isn't meant for Chick Fil A as a business, but the church's response to the whole situation.
Well put, my friend :)
ReplyDeleteI smiled seeing this post bc you're right... there's always controversy on FB! That's why I have 30 friends only, no one cares to start fights with me and my thoughts ;) I always love to hear what you have to say about topics, esp this one. I agree with it! We still ate at Chick-Fil-A that night to support them having their own beliefs and I was excited that they happened to coincide with ours for once. But I still shop at those other places too... I'm not about segregation! I hope it doesn't turn into that, either.
ReplyDeleteAMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete