Kidding.
It's amazing what a week will do.
Maybe someday I will learn to not post on my blog when I'm feeling melancholy and am coming off of a long CF bout with intestinal stuff turning my happy-go-lucky-shrieking-screams-of-joy 16 month old into a whiny-never-happy-fussy-and-won't-eat monster!
But then again, maybe not. Let's be realistic.
So far my resolutions are going great. It's been a week. I think it's time to celebrate, right?
I've been making it a priority to get up earlier than I had before. Yes, extra sleep is great and many times needed, but most of the time it makes you feel like your day is slipping through your fingers like grains of sand.
All of a sudden it's 1:00 in the afternoon and you're not really sure where the time went or how you're going to get things done.
My first priority in getting up early is to spend some time with God, just one-on-one sipping my coffee and eating my oatmeal. So delightful and very much needed. It's amazing how quickly my attitude changes when I surrender my day before it's begun.
As an added bonus I get to spend a little time with Matt before he heads off for work and make him breakfast and a lunch. Apparently these are big deals to him since we each took the Love Language inventory over the break and I found out he likes Acts of Service (really!?!?!?). Making a little extra effort in that department is never a bad thing. I guess. And let it be a challenge to you, when Matt first said that that's what came back on his inventory I muttered something like "you've got to be kidding me." Then, I conveniently read a blog that day talking about Jesus. He was the one who had every right to not endure what He did and to come and be served. But, He became a servant. In a big way. Pretty sure I can be obedient and serve even in a small way.
And, J man update. He is feeling so much better. I'm not sure if I posted about it, but he had an intestinal bacterial overgrowth and that's why he wasn't eating. Our doctor is amazing, I talked with her over the phone and told her about his symptoms (most of which didn't seem like there were intestinal things going on... he didn't want to drink anything, was fussy about eating and wanted to be held all day) and she diagnosed him over the phone and got him on an antibiotic. It took a few days to kick in, but oh my goodness. We got our smiley, joy-filled baby back! Until he got an ear infection, but another round of abx kicked that and we are doing well!
We are actually starting a regiment with essential oils to see if they help him too.
I know, I'm skeptical too. Not in a bad way, just in a "really!?" way...
I found a blog by a lady who lives in Utah and has CF herself and she shared her thoughts about oils and how she uses them and how much they have helped her. That was an answer to prayer. I had wanted someone who had CF to tell me what they do and how it makes them feel. So, we're starting it up thanks to a few dear friends who are in that world. :) I"ll be sure to tell you what we notice.
And, if you've made it this far. I pray that the below chunk of scripture can be at the forefront of your mind today.
Philippians 2:5-16
"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life."(emphasis mine)
So glad J is doing better! What a tough thing when a happy little one is not himself. Give him hugs from us.
ReplyDeleteAnd such truth...about serving in small ways! Really great reminder. I am sometimes just too lazy (and selfish) to simply do the small stuff. And to consider how Jesus served... get off my lazy bum, right?! Thanks for sharing.
Miss you. Loves.
I love that song in your title :)
ReplyDeleteI have, too, been wanting to get up earlier.. is 7, 7:30 still considered early to some people? Lol. Sleeping in with Brenna every morning till 8-9 is nice but I think spending that one-on-one time with God is incredibly special. I'm glad you have one week down!
It's great celebrating with you guys that Jason is feeling better! Thank God for the wisdom of doctors.
Miss u! Hope to see you soon this year.XOXO