J will turn one on the 30th. I am so excited to celebrate. I've had fun rejoicing in each new phase rather than mourning the end of the last one. He is sooo fun. He is a crawling machine (even crawled up the stairs a few days ago with a little extra help from Dad!), has SO much personality and has hit the 20 pound mark! Each day it seems that we figure out something else that makes him squeal with delight.
We had his CF clinic visit on Monday and it went so well. His Oxygen Saturation was higher than it has ever been, and the doctor just raved over his growth (20 lbs 3 oz, and 29 inches long!) and how clear his lungs sounded. Thank you, Lord. I saw a good friend who told me about a saying she recently heard. "Just as God breathed life into man in the beginning, He can breathe life into our little ones." Oh how that hits home to moms of children with respiratory issues. Thank you God for breathing life into J's lungs and keeping him healthy!
Matt is a week into baseball season and has to be back to work next week. One more week to enjoy having him home! Sometimes I wonder if the summers are even worth it because of how hard it is to go back. But, then I slap myself and remember how wonderful they really are! The transition is tough, but it's all good and totally worth it.
We've been up to alot around the house this summer. Pictures coming soon. I do think it's fun to have a house to improve, but if we ever buy a different home, I'm going for one that is move-in-ready inside and out!
This summer we added shutters, changed the patio light and house numbers, finally laid concrete along the edge of our driveway where a wall used to stand (tore it down 2 years ago, finally completed the project!!), went Young House Love on my patio furniture and mailbox, and painted the shed trim
We also took a road trip to Denver. J rocked the car ride! 10 hours there, 9 hours back, and only one too-gross-to-mention poop story that involved 50 baby wipes, a bottle of hand sanitizer, a yoga mat, and a Wendy's parking lot.
We went for a friend's brother's wedding (this family was like my second family growing up, and it felt as though 17 years had NOT passed since we lived there!). It made me miss my old neighborhood, and really miss my friend and her family, but it was wonderful to spend time with them. We got to stay with our friends from Utah who moved to Denver in the past year, and that was WONDERFUL. We just love them and miss them so much, so it was great to be living together for 4 days!
I have a busy couple of months coming up. I am throwing 2 baby showers, contemplating taking a very part-time position with a local school district, working on an HFL BBQ, throwing J a birthday party, seeing Beth Moore, countless Hungry for Life meetings, and... the all-consuming HFL auction is coming up on October 14th! I am now in charge of the auction items and am panicking a bit as I do every year. So, if you're reading this and you know someone or have something you'd like to donate yourself, plllease get in touch with me!
Alright, random photo bomb coming in 3, 2, 1.... hope you are enjoying every last moment of summer before Autumn creeps up on us!
| Chillin' in a golf cart at the wedding! |
| At the wedding... so cute! |
| First trip to the Denver Zoo! |
| He loved the polar bears, just like mama! |
![]() |
| In front of my old house! |
![]() |
| At the neighborhood pool I grew up swimming in |
![]() |
| Travis (Whitney's husband), Ryker (her son, 6 days younger than J!), Jason and Matt |
![]() |
| Forgot to mention, I took this cutie out to see the Smurfs while her mom was team leading a Guatemala trip. We had a great time! |





1. Can't believe he is almost ONE! You are doing such a great job :)
ReplyDelete2. We had a similar unmentionable diaper blow-out on the way back to Austin from Houston in June, and his poop ended up all over him, in his hair, on my thighs, and in my fingernails. Basically it was pretty awesome.
3. I feel bad that we are coming to SLC to bug you just days before the HFL Auction! Glad we decided to stay elsewhere, because if we were crashing at your house, I would feel REALLY bad :)