Monday, April 18, 2011

Operation: Self-Discipline

Well, it's happened again. It seems like the minute I take a "day off" of my regular day to day duties, it all piles up and soon I am buried!

Remember my house-cleaning daily duties? Well, I dropped off for 4 days... and, well the rest is history. I've just been playing catch-up.
Remember reading the bible in a year? Well, it's just going to be a year and a few months...
Remember my Perspectives class? I am currently working on lesson 12 and lesson 13 is due tonight.
Remember working out every day? Someone said "I didn't know you were pregnant again.." to me yesterday... so, that lets you know how well the working out has gone..

But, I have great excuses. Really!
My dearest friend, Whitney, from Kindergarten (yes, we've been besties since we were 5!) came to visit with her little man. He and J are only 5 days apart. I can't believe how similar they are! They are making the same sounds, weigh the same (yes, this is huge!), and were doing many of the same things (although I think Ryker is going to be walking/crawling much sooner than J man!). Here's a few pics from their visit:




Having company in town was so wonderful, and we even got out a bit before the "Measles Outbreak" of 2011. Dun Dun Dun.... Ha, all kidding aside, our quarantine has been extended. Boo. At least it is rainy today, so I don't have the desire to really get out too much.

Also, last week, 3 staff members from Hungry for Life Canada came down to do some intense training with us. I feel so good about having a firm grip on what my job truly entails now. I'm currently planning a trip to Guatemala for a church's men's group. I am excited to go through this process, and praying I don't miss any major steps... luckily, one of the girls from Canada is my main point of contact and is going to shadow everything I do. Looking forward to it IMMENSELY!

And, yes, that was 3 straight days where nothing really happened at home. So, this weekend, Matt and I spent Saturday  really getting some work done. I worked on the inside: making baby food, vacuuming, dusting, organizing, laundry-ing, cooking some meals for this week, working on my Perspectives homework. Matt spent it outside: cutting back the roses, mowing, picking up after Scout, edging, all that good stuff. It felt so good! What is it about a beautiful spring day that makes you want to clean and get a fresh start?? We also got 3 long walks in, in the glorious sunshine.

On another note: Coming up is the CFF Great Strides walk. Our team, Jason's Journey, is well under way! We already have 4 corporate donations for raffle items, 3 corporate sponsors for our t-shirts (still need to find one more), and 26 team members signed up! Yeah! Please let me know if you'd like more info on how to join or donate to our team. So looking forward to it. Oh yeah, it's May 21st. at 10 am. at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake.



And, have I mentioned lately how much I hate CF? I'm not sure I've ever really written about that on here. Sure, I have hope that we'll get through this. And yes, I know God will use it for His glory. BUT. I hate it. I hate that it sucks time out of our day. I hate that J is going to have to deal with this for the rest. of. his. life. I hate that he will always have to be worried about germs, infections, lung health, digestion issues, calories, etc. I hate that we have to think about medical bills now, and know that they will always be a part of his life. I wish I could take it away. I wish it were me instead. I wish I could somehow explain it to him. Although, I don't really know what I'd say. I'm so thankful for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I'm so hopeful that soon there will be a cure, or at least something he can take that will minimize the effects of CF on his sweet little body. Please Lord, help them find a cure soon.

Well, after that rant, I think we all need a good laugh. Check out what I get to hang out with all day... I love that he's starting to find things to laugh at on his own. Ahhh..

2 comments: