Monday, November 1, 2010
The story behind the picture...
Guesses?
You'll never guess.
Today has been quite an eventful day, as the following story will hopefully adequately explain. Now I can laugh, this morning, not so much.
I have learned to plan my days backwards, like this:
10:30 Dr. appt., so that means...
9:15 Jason needs to eat and I need to pump, which means...
8:30 I need to do his Albuterol and percussion therapy, which means...
8:00 I need to bathe him (this is something we forgot to do yesterday and I didn't want the Dr. thinking we were okay with him smelling like old milk) so that means...
7:30 I need to shower and get ready.
All of this planning apparently had me so preoccupied that I melted J's nebulizer parts on the stove. Yes, melted. You see, last night, I boiled the parts to sterilize them, a new part of our "new normal" routine, but forgot to rinse them and set them out to dry. This morning when I saw them still sitting in water, I thought to myself, "I'll have to sterilize those after we get home." After. Apparently, lack of sleep has caught up with me because I guess I turned on the burner and put them on to boil in the water. That was at 7:30. At 8:15 when I was done bathing Jason, I smelled something a little funky wafting up the stairs. I came downstairs to find the middle level completely filled with smoke and the worst burning plastic smell. Smoke was billowing (seriously, billowing) out of the pot on the stove. So, I grabbed it, held my breath and threw in on the back doorstep rug. Hence the picture, that was what was left behind. His nebulizer parts (made out of thick plastic) were completely melted and fused to the bottom of the pot. So, we lost a pot, had to order new nebulizer parts, and gave our new air purifiers a chance to shine. I opened all the windows on the middle level and turned the purifier on high and let it do it's business while I locked Jason, Scout, and I in the bedroom to finish our morning routine. The last thing we need are recently Albuterolized airways breathing in air riddled with plastic nastiness. Suffice to say, it was an eventful morning, we got everything done, and we even made it to the Dr. by 10:31. To add to the stress of the day, J got his 2 month shots today. He took them like a champ but has been super fussy and uncomfortable since. Needless to say, we've been hanging low and doing lots of cuddling today. So, that is the story of the day. Thought you might like it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whew - I am exhausted just reading that! Glad everyone was ok though :)
ReplyDeleteWHAT A DAY! Sounds like something that would happen in my life. Praying for sweet little Jason, he is such a cutie! Well, and your sanity too!
ReplyDeleteOh D! What a day! I would love to tell you that things like that won't happen again... but it will. Something about mommy-brain, we just can't fully trust ourselves anymore!
ReplyDelete-Kel