
I used to pray "God give me patience". Until I saw Evan Almighty. I watched this exchange, and a light bulb must have flashed over my head:
God (also known as Morgan Freeman): Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?
So. God has given me many opportunities to be patient. A class full of 7 year olds. Working with people who can't remember how to run a certain computer program. A ridiculously hyper dog. A new home that needs work. The latest? My garden. I just can't wait to see those little baby vegetables. I can't wait to chop them up and enjoy the fruits of this labor! Most of the plants I planted take about 45-60 days to mature though. hmmm... thank you God for this opportunity to grow... and for the veggies to grow. For now I have cherries. That may or may not be infested with fruit fly maggots. I might be brave enough to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment