Don't you just love looking at old pictures? Me too.
My dear friend
Allison posted a great post today about how she and her husband met, complete with adorable pictures from their past and it just inspired me! That's a fancy way to say I'm copying her. One thing I just can't get over is looking at pictures and realizing how young, inexperienced, and blissful I was! I had no idea what the future would hold, which sometimes makes me wish I could go back and just relish in and enjoy every moment. But, I guess that's the challenge... live each moment in the present that way!! I also remember not being happy with my weight in all these pictures... say what?! I'd kill for those skinny little arms again!
 |
I am very sneaky... made sure we were standing next to each
other! (far right) |
For those of you who don't know, Matt was the assistant coach on my basketball team my senior year in high school. For the record, no he wasn't 40 and no we didn't date during the season! Anyway, I had a schoolgirl crush on him during the season and, little did I know, I had caught his eye as well. The head basketball coach told him that "he should marry a girl like Dana" and after the season was over, we separately told different people we hoped we'd marry the other someday! It wasn't until much later that we actually confessed our feelings and started dating. Before my high school graduation, I
threatened asked my mom to make sure to get a picture of Matt and I together. I don't know how she did it, but she got this gem. I still remember how giddy I felt when this photo was snapped!
We started dating a few months after that pic was taken and dated for a year and a half before we got engaged. I was only 19!!! I remember feeling so confident that I was ready to get married. I see Matt's students who have graduated and are 19 and I can't believe that we made it work. God was so gracious to us to sustain us through those first years of marriage when we were learning to be adults, learning to be in the work force, and learning to be husband and wife!
We've been married for 8 and a half years and I can't imagine sharing life with anyone else. Matt, I love your sense of humor and the way you share your life with me. Here's to many more years!
I'm so glad I inspired you because I love this post! And even though I've heard your story before, I still love it :) You guys are such a great couple!
ReplyDeleteLove this- and I remember when Allison told me how y'all met and I thought it was movie (or at the very least, a made-for-tv-movie) material :)
ReplyDeleteLove this and love you both! Such incredible, beautiful memories...and just think, the best is yet to come! xoxo
ReplyDeleteDana, you are a showstopper! You are lovely, inside and out. I'm so glad you and Matt found each other. You two seem like an amazing team and I know you're going to be that cute old couple I always watch and try and talk to. XOXO
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis,Shingles, Als,Diabetes,Epilepsy,Infertility, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.
ReplyDelete