![]() |
| via |
I give you 5 confessions to prove it:
1. J was up all Sunday night throwing up and the clean-up involved 4 loads of laundry: 2 mattress protectors, 2 fitted sheets, 2 flat sheets, our duvet cover, 5 pillowcases, 1 blanket, 3 sleepers, 1 pair of underwear, 1 pair of pajama pants and 1 shirt. That laundry is not totally done, one of the loads has been through the washer twice because I'm too lazy to switch it to the dryer and (gasp!) fold the laundry in the dryer. Oh, and did I mention my mom came to help with the laundry? So the very little I've done is still undone. But, I'm blogging about it so that goes to show I don't have any free time. ;)
2. I yell at my kid. J is in this I-hit-things-when-I'm-mad and I-know-what-you-want-me-to-do-and-I-have-decided-to-ignore-your-commands phase. So that's fun. And I'm in this my-life-still-doesn't-look-the-way-I-planned-so-I'll-throw-my-own-tantrum phase. So that's equally as fun. It is a recipe for disaster and I've been super convicted lately about the way I relate to my kiddo when he's not doing what I want. See how toddlerhood kind-of circles back around and kicks you in the rear as an adult? Oh yeah, did I mention I'm less than graceful with my husband on a frequent basis? No? Okay, let's not talk about that one.
3. I spend way too much time mindlessly roaming the internet. I'm thinking of doing a facebook and Pinterest fast to bring that part of me in check but I've been "thinking about that" for about 6 months, so we'll see if that works out.
4. My clothes don't fit the way I'd like and I know how to change that, but I still eat things like fruit snacks and chocolate cereal. And I still like other things more than exercising. And I'm really good at making excuses like "I have a kid with CF" to get out of feeling like anyone should have any expectations of me. I even purposefully wear "workout" clothes to run errands so that people will think the reason I look so disheveled is because I just got back from the gym. Ha!
5. I don't like to take time to work on things that I think take time. Like taking off last month's July's toe nail polish, finishing painting the trim, or plucking my unruly eyebrows. All those things could be done in one naptime and I could still make dinner and do a load of laundry. But, apparently quantity overwhelms me and I like to think I keep it simple. Don't forget #3.

I have a friend who blogs confessions like these every week! Brave soul :)
ReplyDeleteYour honesty is refreshing -- my favorite is the workout clothes thing! But I have always felt you're this honest if someone takes the time to get to know you even a bit :) Love you, dear friend!
ReplyDeleteI just love you Dana and it's nice being friends with a mom like you.
ReplyDeleteOh, good. I'm not alone. Ditto ALL of the above. :-)
ReplyDelete-Erin Y.