Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Signs of Spring!

There are so many reasons to love Spring... warmer weather, sun on your skin, getting outside and doing something! And of course, as a teacher, the light at the end of the tunnel for the end of another school year! Here are a few of my favorite signs of Spring!

I am starting a garden this year, and I'm doing it from seeds! To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, but I think it should work! :) I am growing cucumber, spinach, basil, lavender, bell peppers, anaheim peppers, jalapenos, banana peppers, lemon cucumbers, yellow squash, beans, artichokes, and peas! Haha, I'm sure about 2 of them will be successful. I'm having fun nurturing these little seeds!

As soon as it's remotely warm, Matt pulls out the Buddy and takes it for a season-opening spin. It makes me laugh. I will admit, I really enjoy riding it too, but I wait until there's no chance of it being too cold!

Fruit tree blossoms! We have 3 fruit trees out back, and they are so beautiful right now! Who cares if they might be the cause of my allergies, they're so pretty. And this one is right out our bedroom and kitchen windows, so we get to enjoy it the most! Not looking forward to the maggoty cherries, however...

These quail must be the bravest quail in the history of time. They've set up shop underneath our deck... in the same backyard as Scout. Let's pray for them...


Flowers. That's all.. I love seeing some color after the white and gray winter!

New hair to celebrate the Spring. Yes, I had the initial freak-out when I went to brush it, but it's growing on me. Not meant to be punny. :) Here's a few other things I love about Spring... so, what's YOUR favorite thing about Spring??

5 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! You are one ambitious girl. Growing from seeds is hard...let me know how that goes. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Especially with that cute cut; I LOVE it!
    Hm, like you I love that the end of the year is nearing (but that means I feel the pressure to make sure we fit the whole curriculum in). I also love the new life this season breathes into everyone and everything. It seems people become optimistic and more productive, at least that's true for me, and I like feeling that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new hair! So cute! As for what I'm looking forward to, I don't think I can say, because it has felt like Spring around here for a couple of months already :) BUT one of the things I love most is sitting out on the patio with Wade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your seedlings look great! I hope they last! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're starting a garden too! It is so fun to look forward to it. I started one with seeds the year we got floyd and it all grew so beautifully until floydy came a ate everything. grrr... i love the sun. i just need color and warmth and i am a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Love the new hair!

    p.s. I tagged you on my blog! Hope you'll play along! :)

    ReplyDelete