Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rough Week.

Okay, so I'm sure everyone has heard about this awful week. I'm not going to post too much because typing still hurts my hands a little, but on Tuesday, Scout was attacked by a pit bull in our neighborhood. I tried to break it up, got bit, and only by the grace of God did a sweet lady named Debi who drives a little orange VW Bug stop to help. She left her door open and Scout, as soon as he got the chance, jumped in her car and we were able to save him. I'm convinced he would not have made it had she not stopped. Two other men stopped to help, one had a weiner dog and was just trying to help kick this pit bull, but the dog was seriously pure evil. Another guy called 911. The good news is that it looks like Scout will make a full recovery (and will hopefully get to keep his tail!) and my hands are not broken, just incredibly sore and bruised. Looking back, there are a lot of "Thank you Lord"s. Like, I laid on top of the pit bull 3 times trying to get him off of Scout.. he could have easily turned on me. And, Debi is a Thank You Lord. She is so sweet and has called and stopped by to check on Scout and bring by flowers and a box of doggie treats. :) Thanks so much to everyone who has brought over the yummy treats (my thighs thank you, at least) and has sent encouraging and loving e-mails, texts, notes, and prayers. Don't forget, from now on, walk with mace!! Seriously! Oh, and you'll be glad to know the pit bull is no more. We keep telling Scout that he is the champ, but I think his chewed up body is telling him otherwise. :(

5 comments:

  1. I hate that pit bull :( Sending all our love to Snoop Scouty Scout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana,

    I'm SO glad you found me! Josh and I have been praying for you and Scout since we heard. I am so sorry. I truly think that a dog attack would be one of the most frightening things. So glad it all worked out and you got shown some love in the process. : ) We really want to get together with you and Matt. We mention it at least once a week. Love ya, take care. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so glad you two are okay. poor scout. praise the Lord for his protection over you. hope your hands feel better soon. and i am glad the pit bull is no more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dana,

    I'm so sorry to hear about scout...I'm glad you're both okay! Miss you guys! Hope we get to see you when we are out in March for Amy & Garrett's wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about Scout- and about you! Glad to hear you are both ok, but I'm sure that was a scary experience nonetheless! Sending you hugs from Brian, me, Noah, and Buster (our pups) in Richmond :)

    ReplyDelete