Sunday, December 7, 2008

Can I just tell you?

About my weekend? Can I? So, this is all going to sound like complaining and then you're going to say, "but Dana, you volunteered to do all this or signed up for all this" and I will say to you, "I'm not complaining. I'm debriefing."

So these lovely Christmas concerts that I have a love-hate relationship have left me with a mind that's running all the time and with very sore hands and fingers. I didn't realize that ALL of me was out of shape... now I know it's spread to my fingers. We had our big rehearsal for 5 1/2 hours this Saturday which was fun but exhausting all at the same time. The funny thing was, people kept disappearing before their song had been rehearsed so we kept having to call people and have them come back and move things around and "improvise". Not a great thing to do 5 days before the concerts.

I also played piano for church this weekend, which only added to my sore fingers. However, it's one of my favorite things to do, so I was thrilled to get to be a part of it. Just a little time consuming and it meant no sleeping in this morning. Not that I would have, given the following..

The Christmas Boutique! It was a huge success... we had such a great time, lots of people came. I'm so thankful to have a house where people are able to come and hang out. However, I'm not thankful for my obsessive-compulsiveish personality that thinks about every detail and tries to make everything the way she has it pictured in her head. I'm pretty sure that's not healthy. I think I have gotten over the whole care-too-much-about-what-others-think thing. However, I still have a hard time with obsess-over-everything-including-the-wassail-and-tablecloths-so-that-my-mind-can-be-at-ease. Any other fellow freaks? Anyway. Everyone made great stuff and we raised lots of money for charity too. Thanks so much to everyone who came.

THEN. Get this. Matt was up in our bedroom during the boutique with our dog, Scout, who YES had to get ANOTHER surgery and can't be around people for another 4 WEEKS. Well, apparently, he triggered something in his neck and CAN'T MOVE HIS HEAD. I'm taking him to our friend who is a chiropractor tomorrow at 7am before work to hopefully get it figured out. I've never seen him in that much pain, it totally freaked me out. I'm still freaked out, don't know how much sleeping there will be in our household tonight!

So, now that I look at my list on "paper", it doesn't seem that daunting. But know that it was and I'm exhausted! The good news? I'm in bed and can't wait to drift off and dream about... well, to be honest, showing up naked to the Christmas concerts. Have you noticed a sick theme with my dreams? yikes. Maybe I need dream therapy.

3 comments:

  1. My friend! I so wish I could have been there at your boutique. And I would love to see all the hard work I know you've put into this Christmas concert. You are blessed, remember that. What a wonderful gift you have...don't ever resent using it, even to the point of sore fingers. I miss you and wish I could attend all of your festive events and give you a Merry kiss on the face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Miley and Snoop Scouty Scout! And you for having to take care of them! I feel sorry for you if it's any consolation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED reading your blog. I got on it through Becca's site. This is Nicole Q. if you are wondering! I'm so glad your boutique went well. I wanted to make it and I REALLY wish I could have supplied more cards and some of my better cards as well. I seemed to leave it till the end and didn't give it much attention! There's always next year right? I'll send you an invite to my blog if you ever want to read about a house full of kids!

    ReplyDelete